Written by Cindy Chapman
Named after some of the first settlers to this area in 1847, brothers Charles and Lewis Medlin, who brought their families to the banks of Denton Creek. Arriving by wagon train, Medlin Settlement was established before floods forced them to the west. The Medlin family’s impact on this area is evident with not only the naming of the middle school, but a cemetery, and Medlin Ranch road. Medlin Middle School opened in 1998 along with six other district schools that year.